On a Personal Note:
"As a practical, interactive, solution-focused therapist, my treatment approach is to provide support and practical feedback to assist clients as they resolve current problems and long-standing patterns. With sensitivity and
compassion, I partner with clients as they find solutions to a wide range of life challenges and psychological issues.
Blending evidenced-based traditional and unconventional approaches, I draw on a variety of styles and techniques to incorporate what will be most helpful for each client. I work with each client to help them build on their strengths to identify and achieve their goals.
While I love what I do for a career, what I love more is being a mother to my two children: a daughter 38 and a son 35. Both of them have experienced their own difficulties in life, such as dyslexia, severe anxiety, ADHD, oppositional behavior and, as other children, traditional childhood issues. Although my academic knowledge and training have given me many tools, my children have been my greatest teachers.
It has been a pleasure being their parent and learning to re-design myself over and over again... for them, but more importantly for myself. In the process of doing so, I have learned so many techniques, the most recent being EFT, that I take with me to improve the quality of my life!
What I have learned, whether it be in books, a classroom, or in my own home, I take with me in a therapy session, on the phone with my clients or in a room with seminar participants. When all is said and done, I realized the reason I do what I do, and have done what I have done is because of one common thread....I can think of no greater legacy than to have made a difference in another's life.
It would be my honor to walk this walk with you as you Re-Design your life!!"
- Master of Education degree (M.Ed.) in 1974 and a Master of Social Work degree (M.S.W.) in 1989 from Louisiana State University
- Teacher, including the collegiate level, for 11 years
- Truant officer for 3 years
- Licensed as a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW) by the States of Texas and Louisiana Boards of Social Work Examiners
- Board Approved Clinical Supervisor in Louisiana
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional
- Certified as a hypnotherapist
- Certified Emotional Freedom Technique Master Practione
- Certified as an Emotional Freedom Technique Trainer
- Certified by the State of Louisiana's Department of Education as Supervisor of Child Welfare
- Acknowledged by the Association of Assistant Principles for work with Difficult Children
- Acknowledged by the Louisiana Council on Child Abuse for work with children and families dealing with abuse
- Acknowledged by Families in Need of Services (FINS) for work with ADHD in the Juvenile Justice System
- Chairperson of the Professional Advisory Board of Louisiana Capitol Area Chapter of CHADD (Children and Adults with Attention Deficit Disorder)
- Member of the National Association of Social Workers
- Member of the Association of Meridian Therapies
- Member of the Association of Comprehensive Energy Psychology
- Member of Louisiana Counselor's Association
- Strathmore's Who's Who of Professional Business Women